Saturday, July 08, 2006

Saturday Smorgasbord

Road House Trivia
Road House was directed by a guy named Rowdy. How appropriate. That movie may have the strangest last line of dialogue in the history of movies: "A polar bear fell on me." I swear.

In looking up the IMDB link for Road House I discovered there is a Road House 2: Last Call!! Coming straight to DVD this month, only 17 years after the original movie. No Patrick Swayze to be found, but it stars one of the dudes from That Thing You Do!, who has starred in some of the more unnecessary sequels since co-starring with Tom Hanks. I think it's safe to say that's gonna be the pinnacle of his career. He's actually credited as the screenwriter for Road House 2, and I guess it's because he's got the experience of starring in Poison Ivy II and 8MM 2.

Funny Link of the Day
When I say stupid things, people laugh at my expense. Now it's my turn to laugh.

Thoughts on Anonymity
I am that guy. The one walking down the street listening to his Ipod and singing out loud. (Note that I said "out loud" and not "loudly.") That may rub some people the wrong way, but what the hell do I care? I like singing and I don't know any of them. I walk past hundreds of people on the street every day that I don't know, will never know, and don't care what they think of me. It's something unique about New York City that I'll miss. It's tough to qualify it as strictly "good" or "bad," but I'll definitely miss it while I'm at Vanderbilt.

In New York if I wanna bop down the street singing Morrissey out loud, it doesn't matter. If I wanna head out looking like moldy hell*, it doesn't matter. In a college setting, and in a small town like Nashville (with a population of only 1.4 million people), chances increase significantly that, even with a short jaunt out of the apartment, I'm gonna bump into someone I know.

Oh well. C'est la vie.

*Editor's Note: the phrase "moldy hell" was created by combining two words from my random negative word generator, but just you wait-- it's gonna be catching on. Be the first on your block to use it!

3 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, July 16, 2006, Blogger pundyveit said...

For the record, he did in fact punch me in the face.

It was awesome.

 
At 6:02 PM, July 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this was my favorite bad Family Fued answer:

Question: Name something packrats have a hard time throwing out.
#1 Answer: Photos
Worst Answer: Corn

Great link!

 
At 9:55 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home