Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3... Is This Thing On?

Check it out, I have a blog.

I've mentioned to a couple people the possibility of sending e-mails so people know when I've updated my blog, and some have had a viscerally negative reaction to that, perhaps due to some past bad experiences (I'm looking your way, Tacos N' Tonic).

But others have said they would like that, and given my penchant for going a couple weeks without posting anything, it would be helpful to know when there's actually something new to read on the site (other than comments).

So, I'm trying something. I've set up a "Google Group" that will allow anyone who is so inclined to join the group of people receiving updates on the blog. It's new to me, so there may be some kinks, but it should be pretty effective. You can opt in whenever you want, and unsubscribe any time you want. And the e-mails will have the full text of the latest post, so you won't even have to visit the site, you can just read your e-mail (unless you want to make a comment on the site).

I'd like it if people signed up. I think that while I'm away at school and out of sight, my blog will be a way to prevent me from being out of mind as well. Also, it works out really well for me because I'm super-lazy and I'd love to be able to share my thoughts with all the different people in my life with one click of the mouse.

If you're interested in signing up for the group and receiving blog-update e-mails, go to http://groups.google.com/group/veitblog/subscribe.

Also, while we're being self-referential here, I'd like to point out that just because you can make anonymous comments doesn't mean you have to remain anonymous. It cuts down on the confusion factor if you register with blogger or at least create a screen name.

3 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

7 posts in the last two days? Way to go, Veit. This will hold until your next posts, which I'll expect in about 45 days.

 
At 1:51 PM, July 05, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:55 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home