Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"Andy, there's something interesting at the front of the boat!"

"Pipe down and quit trying to distract me from my beer."

Lesson Learned

The crazy thing about that sailing adventure, which took place the morning my friends Sean and Jessie got married, was what I learned about how crazy sensitive my skin has gotten to the sun. It wasn't just completely overcast, it was actually raining for half the time we were out there, and yet I still got color in my face. What?!? The things that used to be my sanctuary (the shade, the indoors, rainy weather) no longer offer safe haven. I was at a Yankees game a couple weeks ago sitting in the shade for the whole game and I still managed to get a little red.


So it's time to take the offensive against my skin. I got some sage advice from my friend Jen and bought some stuff that might help. The problem is my aversion to walking around with goop on my face all day, which I think is totally rational and I can't imagine how so many women do it. We'll see how it goes. If it's too goopy we'll move on to Plan B (Plan B to be determined).

5 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, June 14, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Great picture. Something looks funny about it though. Almost like its been photoshopped...

So I went searching and I found the original.

 
At 6:11 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Jen said...

Putting sunscreen on is better than having to slather aloe on after the fact (not to mention the pain of being sunburned), right?

 
At 3:16 PM, June 15, 2006, Blogger pundyveit said...

Canoni- there is nothing nerdy you will not do. Awesome.

Jen- especially if we're talking about the aloe that you gave me-- you know, the one that had alcohol in it and dried out my skin? That was awesome.

 
At 1:43 PM, July 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew - I am honored to have made your blog ... i think. If Pete were in the picture, you'd see him staring at the sailor chick and possibly drooling.

Canoni- You are funny. i miss you honey.

 
At 9:55 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home